NHG-Two Properties (Chalet High & Stony Court), Bayse, VA--Rough Proofs
Project Photography Information: To ensure any party reviewing images has full information on budget, conditions, what is standard correction, what retouching/image correction is extra, and other relevant information to answer many questions, is provided below.
ROUGH PROOF'S ONLY - No post production or retouching has been performed. There are additional angles not originally requested to provide alternatives.
- If there is more than one version of a view, there may be subtle angle, element placement, or window treatment differences.
- Because of size of these projects, a second “short list” contact sheet of images can be created to facilitate easy selection of final images.
- Please identify the final images desired for retouching and delivery by the blue image number
((Scroll Down for Images))
ORDER OF IMAGES
- Joint property amenities, Images 1 - 18
- since the pool was not closed by management for 30 minutes, despite photographer multiple requests, it was photographed “as-is”. Removal of any figure (including towels, guest possessions, water on deck) in frame is $90/image/object/person.
- Exteriors, Stony Court, photographed during the bluest sky conditions on the day of photography-midday, Images 19 - 32
- Exteriors, Chalet High, photographed during the bluest sky conditions on the day of photography-midday, Images 33 - 63
- Unit photography including common areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, and views from any patio/balcony, Images 64 - 186
- Conditions encountered after confirming two business days prior to photography that the property would be ready, Images 187 - 204
- Interiors, Stony Court, Unit 1 (not completed due to bedrooms being unprepared-see Images 190 - 196), Images 64 - 82
- Interiors, Stony Court, Unit 2 (same configuration as unit 1), Images 83 - 103
- Interiors, Chalet High, Unit 1, Images 104 - 132
- Interiors, Chalet High, Unit 2, Images 133 - 151
- Interiors, Chalet High, Unit 3, Images 152 - 169
- Interiors, Chalet High, Unit 4, Unprepared for photography, alternative had to be located.
- Interiors, Chalet High, Unit 4, Images 170 - 186
- perspective and lens distortion will be corrected
- any reflection of camera in view will be removed
- color cast from outside windows will be minimized (not so blue)
- any glare in artwork will be minimized or removed
- any camera in reflection will be removed
- all functional light fixtures were turned on
- color casts from different types of lighting sources will be minimized as much as possible (incandescent-orange/gold, fluorescent-green, sunlight-blue)
- exposure of outside windows can be balanced to more closely match the interior scene exposure (not blown out/white) (full window replacement will require an additional post production charge, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined)
- if all blinds could not be closed, or didn’t exist, in a view, an open version of the view was the only one photographed,
- the bedroom in Images 142, 144, 145 had blue blinds that were broken, they could not be opened or raised, so there is not options with them open available
- some blinds were not able to be opened but instead needed to be rolled up, out of an abundance of caution due to their age, they were not rolled up to provide an “open” version
- monitor/television screens can be replaced with graphics provided by NHG for a cost of $10/screen
- distracting cords that couldn’t be hidden can be removed, minimum cost $10, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
- staining, cracking, or other damage or substandard repair can be minimized or removed, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
- any distracting/undesired elements visible through windows will require an additional post production charge, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
- great effort was required to find the most visually appealing, clean of leaves/trash/snow remains, and vehicle free views possible illustrating each type of exterior unit design
- perspective and lens distortion will be corrected
- motion/blurring of flags/landscaping/trees/clouds can be minimized or removed
- blue cast in shadows can be removed
- vehicles can be potentially be removed, but will require an additional post production charge, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
- sky can be replaced, but will require an additional post production charge, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
- landscaping debris, snow piles, trash, signs/green children figures for vehicles to slow down can be removed, please identify image/item for a cost to be determined
QUESTIONS about anything that may or may not be included/corrected, please ask.
TIME ON PROPERTY:
- Scheduled/Budgeted: 8:30 AM- 2:30 PM (no lunch) 3.0 hours per property for a total of 6.0 hours
- Actual: 8:30 AM-4:15 PM (no lunch) = 7.75 hours
- Un-budgeted time was due to property (interior and exterior) unprepared for photography (Please see Page 1-Scheduling, bullet one, of signed Estimate/Contract) and attempts to work around, correct or make alternative arrangements=1.75 hours
- Attempts (Please see Page 4, table line two, of signed Estimate/Contract) made via email (once) and telephone (twice) to have client decision about additional time authorization or reshoot were unsuccessful. No email response of previous email about issues, voice mail box full.
COST (before taxes):
- Option 1: Extend time: 1.75 hrs at $125 hr = $218.75
- Option 2: Reshoot: 4.75 hours round trip drive time at $40/hr (photographer time and vehicle expense)=$190, 1.75 hours photography at $125/hr = $218.75 for a total reshoot cost, $408.75. Delay scheduling reshoot, five business days minimum due to photographer availability.
- Decision had to be made by R2 Photography to either extend time on property to successfully complete the project, and not to schedule a reshoot and have client incur even higher costs and delays. To minimize impact on NHG budget/timeframe, the decision was made to extend time.